Monday, November 23, 2009

Major World Miracle


I paid $1.00 for this broadside just now while walking home from the gym through the dark cold San Francisco landscape of early evening. A tall man with long gray hair sits on a milk crate outside Adobe Books on 16th Street in the Mission and offers his writings to the passing public. His hair is tied with a hippie headband. He smokes thin brown cigarettes. The milk crate is dark blue plastic. This man has been passing out his writings for many years at the same location. My son-in-law used to buy photocopied sheets of double-columned typewriting from this man long before my son-in-law had even met my daughter. How many years ago did they meet? I am not sure, but they have already been married almost five years and they did not get married in a hurry.

Major World Miracle 11-23-09
For Release
– get this to press, dear Reader!