Friday, January 14, 2011

Corona Heights



The sun came out and San Francisco turned warm all in about an hour this afternoon. I followed tree-lined Ford Street, heading for the bank and its cash machine in the Castro.




After doing a few errands I walked up toward Twin Peaks, not to lose the probably brief advantage of this weather. That pointed green hill in the photos below is a small steep park called Corona Heights, and to me it always looks miraculous in that it does not have houses built all over it.





It kept reappearing as I climbed higher, framed in different ways like one of those tasteful little horizontal books on soft paper with multiple views of Mt. Fuji.




The farthest I got was Kite Hill. On the other side of the valley Corona Heights was still shining -- but shadows rapidly encroached.