Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tree Climbing Team


This van is always parked on Albion Alley in San Francisco, which winds behind Mission Dolores Cemetery and is my habitual shortcut on the way to the laundromat. I know nothing about tree climbing any more, although as a child in the Midwest I once made a sizable tree house deep in the woods on the farm where I lived and would look at the leaves and read novels there. For some reason I mentioned this van to my daughter over the weekend. The subject of tree climbing must somehow have come up while we were pruning roses. And she assigned me to take a picture of it because she liked the sound of this van and she wanted to see it. The web site for the organization turns out to be defunct. Instead, I offer below a video on How To Climb A Tree. Perhaps this will set a new record for random, off-the-wall posts on Spencer Alley.