Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pointing



Just in the past week Mabel Watson Payne has learned to point and to clap. She mostly points at things that catch her eye (usually a tchotchke on a shelf that she intends to seize in her small plump hand if she gets any chance at all). Sometimes it appears that she is pointing purely for joy. I did not get any usable clapping pictures yet but hope to do so soon.




My daughter and son-in-law took the opportunity to give me a Father's Day present in the shape of a bound journal  black leather & jumbo size. Over dinner, I heard many stories about the very first Father's Day ever experienced by Mabel Watson Payne and her own adored father. The whole family went to Golden Gate Park and took carousel rides. There is even said to be a short digital movie of this adventure, but I have not had a chance to see it yet.