Monday, October 17, 2011

Mother & Baby Pictures


The slice I ate I want it back

Those crumbs I swept up

I’d like my share again

I can still taste it like it was


The memory by itself is delicious

Each bite was a small miracle

Both nourishing and sweet

I wish I had saved just a little bit




I improvised; I never remembered.

Now it’s your turn to be driven;
you’re the one who demands to know.






Angelic Dynamo! Ventriloquist of the Blue!
While beachward creeps the shark-swept Spanish Main

By what conjunctions do the winds appoint

Its apotheosis, at last⎯the hurricane!





The house was just twinkling in the moon light,

And inside it twinkling with delight,

Is my baby bright.


First fragment of poetry is by Calvin Forbes.
Second fragment of poetry is by Louise Glück.
Third fragment of poetry is by Hart Crane.
Fourth fragment of poetry is by Gertrude Stein.