Sunday, December 23, 2012

Stella





"I wasn't trying to model…I'm not sure where it's going, apart from the pleasure of making beautiful things…I said I wasn't going to model after having my son. Now I just think, 'Fine, I enjoy the people a lot.' And I haven't found a better part-time job." —Stella Tennant

 







Model Stella Tennant (featured previously here and here) is 42 years old and the mother of 4 children. After more than twenty years in haute couture, her idiosyncratic mode of slouchy aristocratic carelessness remains as much in demand as ever. I expect when she is a granny she will still be demonstrating the best way to wear a Valentino chiffon ball gown, elbows on knees. (Her own granny, Deborah Mitford, 11th Duchess of Devonshire, continues to flourish stylishly at age 92.)  

1. V Magazine, photographed by David Sims
2. V Magazine
3. Le Monde Magazine, photographed by Peter Lindbergh
4. Le Monde Magazine
5. Le Monde Magazine
6. WSJ Magazine, photographed by Daniel Jackson
7. Elle Saab couture
8. Armani Privé couture
9. Burberry ad
10. Givenchy couture
11. Photographed by Mark Borthwick
12. Valentino couture